Rework package groups (was: Summary & minutes for today's FESCo meeting...)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 20 15:57:10 UTC 2012

Am Montag, den 19.03.2012, 14:46 -0500 schrieb Jon Ciesla:

> * #824 F18 Feature: Rework Package Groups --
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ReworkPackageGroups
>   (limburgher, 18:10:57)
>   * AGREED: F18 Rework Package Groups is passed  (+6,-:0,0:2)
>     (limburgher, 18:12:42)

Did FESCO really know what they were voting about? Can any of the FESCo
members actually explain the feature?

I'm afraid the feature page is so vague that nobody has a clue what we
are talking about here. Does anybody - except Notting and David Lehman
actually know what this feature is and how it impacts package
maintainers or the spins SIG? Will groups still be consistent between
yum and anaconda? Will a user who runs 'yum install @foo' get the same
packages hat he had gotten wheh he selected the 'foo' group in anaconda?

Please don't get me wrong: I am very much looking forward to this
feature, but I am afraid nobody has an idea what is going on here.

Kind regards,
Christoph