F16: "last superblock write time in future"

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:22:28 UTC 2012

> hmmm - which HWCLOCK clock?
> we are speaking about VMware Machines on ESXi/vSphere

My best suggestion for you is to read the following document.

www.vmware.com/files/pdf/Timekeeping-In-VirtualMachines.pdf

and follow the best practises outlined there.  You should have your
linux guests setting so system time is in UTC not local time. I would
suspect base on your symptoms you've got the wrong settings for the
guest operating system.

The issue here is long standing and predates systemd. You really do
need to follow the best practise recommendations set forth by vmware
when using their virtualization product.

-jef