Install Fedora Button for LiveCD

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Tue May 8 16:43:58 UTC 2012

On 04/27/2012 09:58 AM, Jared K. Smith wrote:

> What can we do in the *near* term to make it easier for people to find
> the "Install to Hard Drive" option from the LiveCD?

It seems to me that the main objection against a prominent 'install to
disk' button is that it is not part of a normal desktop workflow---if
someone would just routinely use a Live CD, it seems rude to show them
an irrelevant 'install' button.

A good time and place to offer an 'install' option might be on startup
(e.g. via  a notification popup), and on shutdown (by an 'install' menu
option next to 'reboot', and by another popup notifification 'you are
about to shut down the system; do you want to permanently install to disk?')