Installer unable to detect Geforce GTX 460 v2

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue May 15 16:01:23 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 01:51 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> I used the ip address given by the router. I noticed a warning message
> from dracut
> complaining about missing gateway and netmask. In addition, netboot was
> not
> configured at all. As a result, I received the same message "connection
> refused".
>  Be in mind both desktop and laptop are on the same network
> meaning I should use 192.168.x.x for example.

If you're trying to set a static IP address on the machine where you're
running anaconda, it's somewhat tricky. You need to use the dracut
syntax for ip=:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dracut/Options#Network

However, this raises the question of why you're doing it at all. If you
just pass sshd and no ip= parameter at all, anaconda will automatically
use DHCP on the first network interface, which should do the job in most
cases. Then you just find out the IP address the machine got from DHCP,
and ssh to that address.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey