Stop the git abuse

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon May 21 20:08:53 UTC 2012

Greg Swift wrote:
> i'm not against cleaning up ifs related to end of life/support
> releases, but how far are you suggesting that go?

All support for Fedora n should be dropped at Fedora n's end of life.

> I know that I've pulled plenty of rawhide packages for build on a RHEL box
> when necessary, and even if they don't always support EPEL sometimes
> they've had if switches in them that helped save me lots of time.

We do not support this usecase. It is just not feasible to maintain so many
conditionals in our packages. And Fedora version conditionals won't help you
anyway if you're building for RHEL, you'd need RHEL version conditionals,
which packages not supporting EPEL are very unlikely to contain.

        Kevin Kofler