Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 09:21:45 UTC 2012

On 11/09/2012 02:15 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> I'd put things more strongly than Bill: what's been happening in
> anaconda lately is the precise opposite of what Johann suggests, and
> that's exactly the right direction.

I question if that's the right direction since I cant for the love of me
figure out how they are going to be able to revert the installer if it
becomes necessary in the future which this release cycle has proven that
it *has* to be able to do that.

So care to explain to me since you are such an Anaconda expert how they
are going to do that since none of the Anaconda developers have been
able so far or even outline to me how they *plan* to support that in the
near future ...

Not maintaining the installer on three branches also takes away the
ability to release updated GA release with updated Anaconda which people
from the community have wanted and been doing themselves on their own
and there is a demand for it as well ( less demand after the Anaconda
developers introduced the ability to install updates directly if you
have network connection but demand never the less )

And as Tom has pointed out them floating on an cloud like some golden
child through our process where the rules that *every* other maintainer
and component have to follow is not fair now is it.

If we would have been given the ability to tell them to come back in F19
when the installer was more complete we would have but you know as well
as I do that they gave us no option to do so...

JBG