itext 5.x

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:38:03 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com>wrote:

> Yeah, we can't have itext-5 in Fedora. Please see [1] and the
> references therein. We could not update bouncycastle either, lately,
> due to its incompatibility with itext-2. I have some patches that give
> partial success with building itext-2 against the latest bouncycastle
> API, but the build fails during the AOT bits compilation step. I am
> not a java programmer and I eventually gave up working on it.
>
> Meanwhile, I dropped the maintainership for both bouncycastle and
> itext-2 a couple months ago. To my knowledge, these packages are still
> up for grabs.
>
> Best,
> Orcan
>

> [1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/legal/2011-June/001653.html

Thanks for the information, Orcan.  Well, drat.  I guess I'll have to see
if I can either downgrade the itext usage in the app I'm looking at, or
excise it altogether.

Can you send me your itext-2 patches?  I can't promise anything, but I'll
see if I can get it working with the latest bouncycastle.  Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/