I want upgrade my computer

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Fri Nov 30 15:52:55 UTC 2012

Il giorno gio, 29/11/2012 alle 17.21 +0000, Frank Murphy ha scritto:
> I used fedup earlier today, to successfully upgrade from F17+
> 3rd Party repos to F18 as described here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedUp

My f17 test system, on a kvm/qemu virtual machine, is install into a LVM
encrypted partition.

I have update via fedup with URL "file:///mnt/cdrom/", where the cdrom
is Fedora-18-Beta-i386-DVD.iso.

All fedup process work fine, fedup ended with:

> testing upgrade transaction
> rpm transaction 100% [=================================================================================================]
> rpm install 100% [=====================================================================================================]
> setting up system for upgrade
> Finished. Reboot to start upgrade.

But after reboot, the system wont start, even if I use the old f17 grub2
kernel entry. The boot process is stop after the:

and the pass-phrase is not requested

If I goto with a rescue CD Fedora 17, the pass-phrase is required and
the disk mount under /mnt/sysimage correctly.

After many and many reboot (only simple reboot without modification)
finally the system request the pass-phrase and seems start.
But after few second the machine reboot.. (I have record a video for
this phase, if it's useful I can send it)

Is this a know problem?
There is some method to debug what's happening ?
Some suggest?

Many thanks
Dario Lesca - sip:dario at solinos.it
(Inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 17 Gnome3)