Unresponsive maintainer Jef Spaleta - Unpushed security update for 91 days

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 5 23:01:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Here's the problem with that update.... it breaks existing revelation
> setups for people because of the gconf schema change.

I'll add that the additional wrinkle is that once you move to the new
version, it updates the encryption on your database...which is
great..but then you can't downgrade back to a version that works with
the gconf settings already in your user space. So for unsuspecting
users they end up with a revelation with strong encryption but with
egregiously broken ui.. you can search... you cant generate new
passwords..its all borked.,..until you nuke the gconf settings
manually.

So the fact that you can't downgrade to the old version because of the
encryption change... i'm not keen on pushing this until someone has a
fix for the gconf stuff.

-jef