systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 22:38:36 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 21:48 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> >> I wonder... could we make linux-firmware optional?
> >>
> >> I would expect many virt env's don't need any firmware to work...
> >> (but of course I could be wrong).
> >
> > "It depends". It includes firmware for wired NICs as well as other things,
> > so it depends on what hardware your virtual environment is deciding to
> > emulate
>
> surely, it depends
>
> but the hard dependency is a little too much

I haven't seen all the arguments pro and contra, but on the face of it
I'd agree with Harald here. A hard dep seems excessive, just including
the package in the @core group (so people who want something *really*
minimal can at least take it out) would seem better.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey