f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID)

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 04:12:13 UTC 2012

On 10/18/2012 05:02 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> I'm not sure what 'indication' you're expecting, exactly. AIUI, existing
> RAID arrays and VGs should just show up in the list of existing
> filesystems on the left-hand side of the custom partitioning screen. (In
> a recent enough Beta TC, of course, Alpha is ancient stuff now). If they
> don't, that's a bug. Do you have a case where they don't? If so, it
> should just be reported as a bug.

They didn't the last time I checked, which I believe was beta TC2.

Just checked again in a test VM and I don't see any way to use the free
space in the existing VG.  (vgdisplay reports 7.74 GiB free of 19.48
GiB.)

On the left hand side, I see:

- New Fedora 18-Beta-TC2
  Installation

    You haven't created any mount points for your
    Fedora 18-Beta-TC2 installation yet:

    Click here to create them automatically

    Or, create new mount points below with the '+'
    icon.

- CentOS Linux 6.3 for x86_64

  DATA
  SYSTEM

    Root            7.92 GB
    /
    Swap          4.09 GB

- Unknown
    Unknown         19.97 GB

    Unknown            498 MB

    Unknown          19.97 GB

When I attempt to add a 6GB "mount point" for /, I get a "not enough
free space on disks" error.

So how's it supposed to work?