f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID)

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Tue Oct 30 21:15:40 UTC 2012

Il giorno mar, 30/10/2012 alle 10.40 -0700, Adam Williamson ha scritto:
> You indicated at the start of this side-thread that you wanted to use
> an existing partition without re-formatting it. You can do so just
> fine with TC6 or other Beta builds. If you re-use a partition in TC6
> it will be re-used without being re-formatted.

> What is missing from TC6 and will be added in the next build is the
> ability to choose to reformat the partition. If you do not want to
> reformat it, this is not a problem for you.

Ok, now is clear enough.

When I re-install f18 on a f18 or f17 for test it, I format some FS
(/boot, / and /var) and do not format other FS (/home and /opt)

Since the new interface partitioning anaconda is quite different (and,
IMHO, for now, less intuitive) from the previous interface, I could not
understand when the FS was formatted and when not.

Thanks for reply

Dario Lesca - sip:dario at solinos.it
(Inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 17 Gnome3)