Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 10:05:16 UTC 2012

On 10/31/2012 09:50 AM, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> However, I think anaconda developers knew that 6 months were too short
> since the beginning. If this was abundantly clear to FESCo and other
> interested parties, I think we could even accept a one time 9/12
> months release cycle instead, without raising all this fuss for each
> week of delay.

Oh they knew all right [1]...

"There is no such thing as new anaconda. It supports so many features,
that we are able to rewrite only parts at a time. And even at this pace
it usually takes one or two Fedora releases to stabilize the rewritten
part."

Pay very much attention to this...

"we are able to rewrite only parts at a time."

and

"two Fedora releases to stabilize the rewritten part."

JBG

1. http://msivak.fedorapeople.org/anaconda-openhouse/#%2818%29