still UsrMove problems and wrong PATH in openssh

Ben Rosser rosser.bjr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 19:21:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>wrote:

> this is WRONG behavior
>
> any upstream-script the next years will use #!/bin/perl and
> it would be idiotic to write patches for every application
> only becasue fdora decided to make UsrMove
>
> UsrMove is a distribution-feature
> and so the distribution has to care that basic parts
> of the ditsribution do the rights things CENTRALIZED

I'm not a Perl programmer... but shouldn't scripts be using something like
#!/usr/bin/env perl rather than hardcoding #!/bin/perl anyway? That's the
way Python scripts have been written for years (#!/usr/bin/env python),
long before UsrMove.

Patching scripts to use the env-style crunchbang makes sense for more
reasons then just supporting UsrMove- it would make them more portable in
general- so I don't really see why this would be an "idiotic" idea.

Ben