How do *you* use Fedora?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Wed Apr 3 17:30:46 UTC 2013

My use cases fall into two broad categories - algorithmic music
composition and computational journalism. The former is almost exactly
the Fedora Jam audio spin, augmented by packages from Planet CCRMA.
The latter is a mix of Design Suite and Science and Engineering spins
and other packages, and can be rather neatly summarized by browsing
all the scripts in
https://github.com/znmeb/Computational-Journalism-Publsihers-Workbench
of the form 'yum-*.bash'. ;-)

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 04/02/2013 03:47 PM, Pete Travis wrote:
>> I'm considering system specs at this point, but establishing the roles
>> deployed might aid in targeting more comprehensive documentation. Beyond
>> a basic desktop, what use cases would you like to see us represent?
>
> FWIW I primarily use Fedora as a creative workstation, for both vector &
> bitmap graphic manipulation as well as non-linear video editing and
> occasional audio editing. I recently had one of my two 4 GB RAM DIMMs
> die, and noticed a big difference in how quickly Gimp was able to
> process images... it really slowed down. On my i7 system with full 8 GB
> of RAM Fedora performs quite well with what I work on though.
>
> Hope this helps,
> ~m
> --

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers Workbench
http://j.mp/CompJournBench/

I am not an IP address! I am a free man!