Another UEFI testing request

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 16 16:27:13 UTC 2013

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013, Adam Williamson wrote:
>Hi folks - thanks for helping out with the last UEFI testing request,
>it was very helpful. If we could impose again, it would be really
>helpful if anyone with a UEFI-capable system could try a UEFI native
>install of Alpha RC3:
>
>https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/19-Alpha-RC3/
>
>and report your results. We are hopeful that the major bugs that
>affected previous builds are resolved, and many or most UEFI installs
>should succeed at this point. If you try, please report whether you
>got a successful installation, and if not, what problem you ran into.
>Bug reports for problems are of course welcome. Thanks!
RC3 is even worse than TC6 was on Asus U38N (AMD A8-4555). Where I was
able to get to a graphical install with TC6 by appending 'nomodeset
video=1920x1080-32" to the kernel command line (and removing 'quiet'),
in RC3 even that doesn't help. While booting, at Xorg start switch to
Xorg driver causes whole screen to be black and never come to a working state.

I've tried several distributions, all fail the same way with KMS. F18
works with nomodeset but is very slow. openSUSE 12.3 works with
nomodeset and seems to be generally faster, OpenGL is accelerated.

When TC6 starts to graphic mode and gives first Anaconda screen, it
shows an error message box where the only button I could press is
'Quit':
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-A6BJjSaCLqQ/UW17Bl2RpoI/AAAAAAAAA_g/pqW9SAWqxLo/s1024/16.04.13+-+1

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy