gdcm FTBFS: texlive broken in rawhide?

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 16:16:11 UTC 2013

2013/8/6 Simone Caronni <negativo17 at gmail.com>:
> On 6 August 2013 17:38, Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Package owner Jindrich Novy is no longer in Red Hat so I am not sure how
>> quickly it may get fixed.
>

> I really hope the next mantainer can manage a 14 mb spec file :)

  In Mandriva I did a work very similar to current Fedora texlive, but I did
create almost 3k packages so that could update only was really required;
it should be possible to live with around 1.6k packages, but I preferred
to let upstream handle dependencies,  and match 1 to 1 upstream
packages (http://mirrors.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive). But,
I am still to start updating it again, now in OpenMandriva, was just left
in a stable state as of like 6 months ago...

  But something like that would not be viable in Fedora, if needing a
review request and approval for every small package...

> Regards,
> --Simone
>

> --
> You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
> the shore (R. W. Emerson).
>
> http://xkcd.com/229/
> http://negativo17.org/

Paulo