RFC: Spins process changes proposal

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Aug 20 19:32:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:38:25 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it not better to come up with some kind of spin/mentor process
> with releng/infra where each spin sub-community learns,provides and
> is ultimately reasonable for creating their own spins as opposed to
> releng/infra wasting valuable time/resource hosting and trying to
> keep those spins spinning?

Possibly, but it's unclear to me if there is any "sub-commuity" around
some of them. Perhaps there is any they just haven't been aware that
they should help testing?

> Seems much more practical and self cleaning approach in the overall
> spin community then what you propose there.

Well, we are very tight schedule wise for f20... so I wanted to just
try and improve quality of what we do ship. For f21 I suspect we will
need to look at how the fedora.next stuff suggests people ship products
that are not the main one, and hopefully build in safeguards to not
ship things that don't work.

kevin