RFC: Spins process changes proposal

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 18:38:25 UTC 2013

On 08/20/2013 06:29 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'd like to propose some changes to the spins process. I already posted
> to the spins and qa lists a while back and asked for feedback. I did
> get some good feedback from qa folks, but mostly crickets from spins
> maintainers, so I thought I would post an improved draft here and ask
> for any additional feedback before I ask FESCo to approve.
>
> The reason I am proposing this is that pretty much every release for
> the last 4 or 5 or so we have had spins that are broken or don't work.
> We should make an effort to make sure all the spins we do ship actually
> at least meet a low bar for 'working'.
<rest snipped>

Is it not better to come up with some kind of spin/mentor process with
releng/infra where each spin sub-community learns,provides and is
ultimately reasonable for creating their own spins as opposed to
releng/infra wasting valuable time/resource hosting and trying to keep
those spins spinning?

Seems much more practical and self cleaning approach in the overall spin
community then what you propose there.

JBG