slowing down the development schedule for a release.

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Aug 21 13:35:57 UTC 2013

On 08/21/2013 03:06 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 07:37:10 -0400
> Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> As far as I know, we've done a mass rebuild and we've branched.  FESCo
>> has closed the Changes.  Beyond that, I don't know what else has
>> actually started.  Can you elaborate?
>
> Physically it can be done, now that we have branched it means we would
> have two development strains for awhile or we have a pain point
> somewhere. biggest issue is that FESCo set an expectation that a
> release will happen this year. all the hand waviness around dates
> doesn't relate to reality.
My thoughts are converse. IMO, FESCO's decision to branching now was
prematiure and causes further non-helpful delays and hick-ups in
preparing f20.

Just one minor item:
  How do you expect people to test f20 fixes at the moment?

There is no f20 repo on dl.fedoraproject.org, there are no f20 mock
configurations on released Fedora releases in place, mirrormanager also
so doesn't know about f20 yet, etc. ...

Admitted, these issues are minor, but ... these are causing some amount
churn on packager side and thus causes delays.

Ralf