Graphics driver support in F21+

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 17:24:35 UTC 2013

On 08/27/2013 03:14 PM, drago01 wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is it not better to drop entirely graphics drivers that do not have kms
>> support and at the *same time* adopt the policy
>>
>> "From this point forward only graphics driver that have kms support will be
>> allow to be packaged and shipped in the distribution"
> Isn't that a bit too much?

Depends If we want people to kick some live to upstream and add kms
support we go that route.

If we want to just keep building these things and have our end user base
having to come up with their own xorg.conf and basically deliver broken
out the box support for some if not all those drivers we dont.

JBG