Graphics driver support in F21+

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 15:20:31 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 14:54 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> Is it not better to drop entirely graphics drivers that do not have kms
> support and at the *same time* adopt the policy
>
> "From this point forward only graphics driver that have kms support will
> be allow to be packaged and shipped in the distribution"

I don't know why that would be "better".  There's no intrinsic reason
why we should forbid UMS drivers if there's a maintainer, it doesn't
necessarily make my life harder to allow that.  And, given that the list
_does_ include hardware that people have filed bugs about in recent
memory, I figure I should allow those interested in to step forward.

- ajax