Duplicate documentation files / potentially conflicting

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 07:39:21 UTC 2013

End of August I've opened tickets about duplicate and potentially
conflicting (because if noarch <-> arch differences) %doc files.
The response from packagers has not been brilliant so far.

These are _package bugs_ specific to Fedora, so it's the responsibility
of a Fedora Packager to fix them. It's a mistake in the spec file, not
in the packaged software.

"Potentially conflicting" may mean that several subpackages could not
be installed at once and would cause a transaction error.

Rather than spamming bugzilla with lots of NEEDINFO calls, hereby I'd
like to raise awareness of the issue. I don't understand why packagers
don't respond in bugzilla. Fedora 20 is near.