Duplicate documentation files / potentially conflicting

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Dec 4 08:07:22 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 08:39 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> End of August I've opened tickets about duplicate and potentially
> conflicting (because if noarch <-> arch differences) %doc files.
> The response from packagers has not been brilliant so far.
>
> These are _package bugs_ specific to Fedora, so it's the responsibility
> of a Fedora Packager to fix them. It's a mistake in the spec file, not
> in the packaged software.
>
> "Potentially conflicting" may mean that several subpackages could not
> be installed at once and would cause a transaction error.
>
> Rather than spamming bugzilla with lots of NEEDINFO calls, hereby I'd
> like to raise awareness of the issue. I don't understand why packagers
> don't respond in bugzilla. Fedora 20 is near.

If you mentioned a list of bugs or at least a shared string from the
descriptions of all of them, maybe provenpackagers could take some time
to help out. (Well, I guess we could go digging in your bugzilla
history, but it seems like more trouble than is necessary.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey