(read this one) when Fedora 20 updates kernel to 3.12 ?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 4 20:21:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:
> On Qua, 2013-12-04 at 12:42 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> Basically it landed too late to get into Beta, and we don't want to
>> ship final with a brand new kernel. It will be a update after
>> release.
>> This allows the installer images to use a known stable kernel, and
>> folks who want the new one to get that one.
>
> We should ship kernel 3.12 rc something, instead. Don't landed to get
> into Beta is not a excuse (for me) .

It isn't an excuse.  It's being conservative.  Trying to nail a kernel
for a Fedora release is fairly difficult, given that we can't plan for
slips but we know they're coming.  What we don't know is how many, how
long, and what is going to happen upstream in bugzilla in the
meantime.

> Beta is for testers, nothing better to test a new kernel, and not
> bumping after lunch a stable release ... , doesn't make sense to me .

We'll take this under advisement for future releases.

josh