mechanism to retain system library versions

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 13:06:23 UTC 2013

During the past few months, I've switched from building my software against a
bundled version of boost libraries, to building against the system boost libs.

On updating to f20, all of my software became broken, because the library
versions it was linked with were removed.

So I had to race to rebuild all my software, and hope nothing broke when
rebuilt.

I think this situation is unfortunate.  We do have library versioning, so
different versions could coexist.

How do others solve this problem, or can anyone think of a solution?