Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 08:24:48 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> Absolutely no.
>
> My points are:
>
> * The Gnome3-suite will never fit everybody, i.e. trying to push/force it
> onto all users will never work and is not helpful to the Fedora community.
>
> * Gnome3 is (ab-) using Fedora as Gnome3 test-bed. This already has caused a
> considerable damage to Fedora (and RH).

These are different points than the you previously listed. I fear you
are severely conflating issues.
You feel gnome3 doesn't fit everybody... i doubt anyone is going to
argue against that point. But that has nothing to do with instability
or fast release cycles or not having enough stuff in the distro.

>> -jef"the real solution to all these problems is openCDE, which I look
>> forward to proposing as default in the F20 cycle"spaleta
>

> Yes, though you might have ment this as joke. I am sure there are people,
> who would support such and endeavor ;)

My proposal is as funny as turning to Cinnamon as the default
environment. I leave it up to the reader to decide if either was
intended in a joking manner.

-jef