Fedora 18: WebApp and httpd 2.4 configuration

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Tue Jan 8 03:48:36 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 03:06 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> So the remaining webapps that ship with the broken configuration that we
>> are about to release into the hands our our enduser base and how they
>> should be handled are not considered high-level technical decision?
>
> What is the decision to be made? "Do we fix them"? Obviously yes.

("Obviously"?  Per which release blocker criterion?)

The way I understand Jóhann, the topic to escalate was a proposed
removal of currently unorphaned packages from the distribution, which
sounds like a quite reasonable topic for FESCo.

Such an escalation wouldn't fix F18, true.

In retrospect, the update to httpd 2.4 should probably have been a
feature; that would make this problem visible by beta freeze.  FESCo
already has "fixing features" on the agenda in a general sense, more
thoughts on how to improve the process would definitely be welcome.
    Mirek