Feedback wanted: Fedora Formulas

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 08:20:58 UTC 2013

On 01/09/2013 04:34 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 19:18:36 -0500
> Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 11:17:35PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
>> wrote:
>>> And we are supposed to QA this how?
>> Like any software?
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand the question, actually. Can you elaborate?
> I'd welcome any QA thoughts/feedback. I think we would probibly have to
> have guidelines at least somewhat worked out before we could figure out
> how to test things.
>
> We could do something like what we do for packages, ie, a testing
> collection and promotion to stable only happens with positive tester
> feedback.
>
> We could try and build into the process some kind of automated
> testing/tooling. (search for forbidden items, runs in a virt that list
> all files changed and diffs of those for review, etc.
>
> I think QA is definitely something to keep in mind when thinking about
> the rest of the process...

In one response against this thread you say

"This is not exactly what I meant... this would be things you could
run/install on any already installed Fedora. It would not have anything
to do with creating live isos... it would be just extra things for
existing installs. "

 From that response I gather it is something user setup/install after
installing Fedora basically you seem to be then just duplicating and or
trying to come up with a better app installer then already exists is
that the case?

JBG