[Test-Announce] Last Minute Testing for Fedora 18 RC4

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Thu Jan 10 04:32:02 UTC 2013

Downloading the Live media 64 bit now ... will try an install once
it's pushed to a USB stick. I can also run anything in a VMware 9,
VirtualBox 4.2.6, F18 Virtual Machine Manager or Windows 8 Pro Client
Hyper-V guest. Is Windows 8 Pro Client Hyper-V hosting supported?

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:
> We find ourselves in a bit of an odd position for Fedora 18 - RC3 is
> go, but we need to finalize some testing in order to decide whether or
> not RC4 will supersede RC3 as the released version of Fedora 18.
>
> To that end, we have some testing to do. Since the change between RC2
> and RC4 is so small, I've gone through and pulled results from RC2 and
> RC3 where appropriate into the test matrices (mostly the installation
> test matrices [1]). If you end up re-running any test cases, please
> overwrite any results marked 'previous RCX run'. Pulling results
> through isn't an indication that more testing isn't welcome, just that
> we don't think it's strictly _required_ for RC4.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
>
> The testing that we're most interested in is the various desktop
> environments with an emphasis on the display managers (gdm, kdm,
> lightdm etc.) because any show-stopping problems are most likely to
> exist there. The second most likely place is inside any of the livecd
> desktop environments (kde, gnome, xfce etc.).
>
> To that end, if you have the time to download RC4 [2] and run through
> some or all of the desktop test cases [3], please do. The more testing
> we get on RC4, the easier tomorrow's decision to choose RC3 or RC4 will
> be.
>
> [2] http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/18-RC4/
> [3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test
>
> Happy testing,
>
> Tim

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://znmeb.github.com/Computational-Journalism-Publishers-Workbench/

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?