Feedback wanted: Fedora Formulas

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 14:36:42 UTC 2013

On 12 January 2013 17:02, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Ian Malone wrote:
>> KDE favourites:
>> For a spin (or formula) it makes sense that the favourites should
>> reflect the spin (or formula) focus. The kickstart updates this
>> through /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickoffrc and
>> /etc/rc.d/init.d/livesys (on the live sytem the installer is a
>> favourite, so these two are slightly different).
>
> You can write KDE defaults to /etc/kde (which ships empty by default, we put
> distrowide defaults into /usr/share/kde-settings/kde-
> profile/default/share/config/ instead). IIRC, I already pointed this out to
> one of you when they asked about tweaking KDE settings.

That's what's done at the moment. Thought I'd bring it up as I wasn't
sure it was the approved (wasn't me, maybe was a private email) or
best solution and also, if we did use a formula instead, this is one
of the things we'd want to do through ansible. My understanding is it
that it's trivial, but I could be wrong.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk