installer final touches matters

Vratislav Podzimek vpodzime at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 08:53:34 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-01-20 at 13:15 +0300, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
> hi,
>

> the fedora's new installer got many innovative features
>

> but it's missing many critical easy to fix final touches from user
> experiance point of view
>

> let me mention some
>
> I've tried fedora 18 live cd,
>

> I was offered to choose LVM, standard or BTRFS
>
> and later went through partitioning process and when I'm done
>
> the "begin installation" button was disabled
>
> leaving the user without any clue or error message
> I've done all steps in a proper way (I've prepared a partition for /
> and swap ..etc.)
>
> I know what was the problem (as a fedora developer, I know that live
> installation is just blind copying of an already made filesystem which
> you can't change its type from ext4 to BTRFS)
This is no longer the way live installation works. We now use rsync to
place all files to the hard drive so the problem lies somewhere else.
Could you please search bugzilla for a similar bugreport and if there is
none such, file a new bug? Also any additional info (steps to reproduce,
logs from /tmp and e.g. the output of the lsblk command) would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Vratislav Podzimek