Strange subscriptions to Bugzilla bugs

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 10:25:35 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:06:49AM +0100, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> Dear Fedorians and Bugzilla admins.
>
> In the recent past I have seen several subscription to bugs in
> Bugzilla. While this is normal, what makes me suspicious is that it
> is one particular email address (rutadeevacuacion...) to rather old
> bugs, e.g.  124789 or 446335, bugs which are already closed. Similar
> things seem to have been reported on Ubuntu (cf.
> http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2008/11/21/%23launchpad.txt, found
> googling for the full mail address).
>
> To me it looks like someone or some organization is registering to
> random bugs to get a hold on email addresses or the like. Is someone
> else seeing similar actions or find this also suspicious?

Yes, this does look rather dubious. They have added themselves to
about 300 bugs over the past 2 weeks, the majority of which are
closed.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?emailcc1=1&list_id=1039375&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=POST&bug_status=MODIFIED&bug_status=ON_DEV&bug_status=ON_QA&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=RELEASE_PENDING&bug_status=CLOSED&email1=rutadeevacuacion%40msn.com

Daniel