BuildRequires for texlive stuff for F18 and beyond

Benjamin De Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 20:56:56 UTC 2013

> > [...]
> > With the more fine grained texlive packaging in F>18 where
> > tex(latex) is provided by texlive-collection-latex I am finding
> > that this is insufficient to build most documents. I see two
> > options in these cases:
> >
> > 1) Add BuildRequires; texlive-collection-latexextra  (nb.
> > texlive-collection-latexrecommended isn't usually sufficient)

Yes. Do this.

I think, especially now as this dep tuning is going on, that the first
step should be to bring out these "big gun" dependencies like:

BuildRequires; texlive-collection-latexextra

And get stuff working quickly.

After the dust has settled with the transition and deps are even
slightly modularized (from the old "latex"), then maybe at a future
date the Deps can be investigated with more granularity, and
the texlive-collections can be optimized.

-benjamin