Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Jan 29 16:32:25 UTC 2013

Le Mar 29 janvier 2013 16:55, Bryn M. Reeves a écrit :

> If I was moving a disk to such radically different hardware I'd be able
> to prep it in advance (and I think that's 'advanced' enough that it's
> reasonable to expect a little user knowledge).

In a Fedora context, when you do this it's because the old motherboard
failed unexpectedly, you bought a new one. It's a great relief to see
plugging the old drive on the new mobo just works. There is no prep in
advance and old and new mobo have several years of difference so disk or
network controllers have nothing in common.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to optimize away such robustness.

--
Nicolas Mailhot