Proposed F19 Feature: Developers Assistant

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 08:58:03 UTC 2013

On 30. 1. 2013 at 08:50:23, Dan Horák wrote:
> Jan Zelený píše v St 30. 01. 2013 v 08:22 +0100:

> > > Eclipse already has some of this, see e.g.
> > > http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/Autotools/User_Guide .
> >
> > I thought so, even though I didn't do much research on this front. Thanks
> > for the link, I'll check it out.
>
> From my knowledge every good IDE has its own kind of "developer
> assistant" so IMHO it would be hard to come up with an universal
> concept. And not everyone uses Eclipse ...

Yes, I know that but these are usually IDE specific (you have to build/run your
project directly from the IDE). This might serve as a common way of doing
things in IDE and on CLI. It won't be as advanced as those assistants in IDEs
but then again - that's not our goal, just some basic support will do for now.

Those who don't use Eclipse will still have the CLI toolset we are working on
right now. Also we don't prevent anyone to come and build support for other
IDEs :-)

Thanks
Jan