More unhelpful update descriptions

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 00:53:28 UTC 2013

On Wed, 03 Jul, 2013 at 04:35:58 GMT, Alex G. wrote:
> We shouldn't be surprised that update descriptions are crap. They are
> just an annoyance for a lot of us, especially since we've put all that
> information in a bunch of other places.

Where else would information like the information in this update[1]
belong? It doesn't make sense in the spec changelog or the fedora-git
changelog. This also isn't from the upstream changelog since it's
jumping a version and some of the intermediates are really of little
consequence to users. I'm all for tooling, but it won't do everything
for you; there's still work involved.

--Ben

[1]https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-9760/vifm-0.7.5-1.fc19