F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 16:34:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 16:56 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> The llvm maintainer hasn't fixed llvmpipe. Nobody working on gcc has
> bootstrapped ada.

The llvm maintainer would like to reiterate that he took the package
more out of necessity than desire, has no love for llvm itself, is not
paid to be a toolchain hacker, and explicitly disclaimed responsibility
for secondary arches when he took it:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-February/179104.html

If we really wanted to talk about graphics on arm, we'd be talking about
writing drivers for GPUs.  You know, fixing actual problems, instead of
throwing our hands in the air and switching out the entire UX because we
can't be bothered to make the core OS any good.

But apparently arm development stops just short of writing code.

- ajax