F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 17:58:59 UTC 2013

On 07/11/2013 05:08 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> In terms of Fedora experience.  You install it graphically via
> Anaconda.  You wind up with Gnome (or LXDE or XFCE) and can run it.
> Yum works.  Security features are implemented and working.  Etc.
> These are the things Matthew is alluding to.

In theory you can install graphically today.  We tested graphical
installs via vnc (Not having a framebuffer puts a crimp in the matter).
  You wind up with LXDE or XFCE, etc, and you can run it.  Yum works.
Security features are implemented and working- except evidently pointer
guards, which we found out about *yesterday*.

> What I'm looking for is supporting data on prior concerns and what
> both the ARM team and the Fedora project gain from making ARM primary.
>   Again, the proposal is lacking in the why area.  "You get ARM!" isn't
> cutting it because you've all done such a good job that Fedora already
> has ARM on the same day as x86 and PowerPC.

Fair enough!

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com