sox lpc10 license

Jon Ciesla limburgher at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 13:18:49 UTC 2013

First, file a BZ against sox for tracking and block FE-LEGAL.  Then include
what you've got here.  If the licensing is unclear and cannot be
determined, lpc10 will have to be removed (modified tarball) and sox
rebuilt without it.  It might be difficult to determine usage, as it
appears it's shipped as a plugin.

-J

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:00 AM, Frantisek Kluknavsky
<fkluknav at redhat.com>wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> package sox contains bundled lpc10 library. License of lpc10 is unknown to
> me and unknown to sox upstream. Probably nobody (probably including lpc10
> authors) bothered too much about licensing.
>
> My questions:
>  - Does anyone know its licensing status or original developers? Andy J.
> Fingerhut, previously associated with wustl.edu?
>
>  - Does any package strictly require lpc10 functionality (linear
> predictive voice coder)? Can I tear it out of sox?
>
> repoquery --whatrequires --alldeps sox
> DVDAuthorWizard
> anki
> asterisk-voicemail
> dvd-slideshow
> festival-freebsoft-utils
> freewrl
> imagination
> licq
> mlt
> mozplugger
> openshot
> psi
> reinteract
> sox-plugins-freeworld
> terminatorX
> xwax
>
>  - Can the whole issue be ignored?
>
>  - Does Fedora contain other implementations of lpc10?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Frantisek Kluknavsky
> --

http://cecinestpasunefromage.wordpress.com/