F20 Self Contained Change: Vagrant

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 17 15:39:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:20:17AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> It would likely push this to a system-wide change, but wouldn't it be
> logical for this feature to also make a vagrant-able image as well?

To be an official Vagrant image, we need Chef, and while Sam Kottler is
working with Opscode to make that finally happen (awesome!), I don't think
we want that to be a blocker.

Additionally, the conventions for a Vagrant image are significantly
different from what we want for the cloud image. (Root password set to
"vagrant", for example.) So, the plan is to provide those "semi-officially"
from fedorpeople.org and the Cloud SIG wiki.

As we get easier technology in Koji for making images, we might revisit for
F20.