F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Wed Jul 17 18:00:08 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 01:40:27PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> It really feels like this discussion is beyond its peak usefulness.
>
> Maybe we can give another shot of relevance by collecting a list of
> packages that depend on syslog (or are useless without /var/log/messages
> or other log files in /var/log) ?
>
> I've heard logwatch, logrotate and fail2ban mentioned. Are there
> others ?

fail2ban no: journald support has been merged, so it's a matter of
waiting for the upstream release and packaging that [1].

logrotate also no: no logs → nothing to rotate → no problem.

[1] https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/commit/5ca6a9aeb6fd8e

Zbyszek
--
they are not broken. they are refucktored
                           -- alxchk