F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 21:12:46 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013 08:55 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"<johannbg at gmail.com>  said:
>> >Cut that number by half if you like if it somehow makes you feel
>> >more comfortable but the fact we have around 550 - 600
>> >service/daemons components in the distribution and still no policy
>> >or work being done to properly package stuff that need/wants or uses
>> >rsyslog/syslog-ng/logwatch/logrotate/logchec etc...
> As you have been told repeatedly, your number does not represent what
> you are claiming for many reasons:

You do realize I filed for the exact same thing for F18 as is being
proposed here.
You do realize I asked FESCO just to disable rsyslogd even just up to
beta so we in QA could catch any potential fallout this change which
tools etc.
You do realize I filed proposal to change the packaging guidelines so I
could start working on making this transaction as painless as possible
for our userbase
You do realize that I'm all for this change

And you do realize I dont need your petty remarks against my findings at
that time when I was doing that work but feel free to add in your own
research and your own findings instead of responding like this.

Any fallout that this change will bring from my pov will be entirely the
fault of FESCO and FPC since they are the once that stood in the way
from me from working ahead of us for once...

JBG