Webapps denying all outside access by default?

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 21 16:47:53 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>wrote:

> I'm not sure if I'm missing anything here, but is it intended that
> webapps should not be accessible from anywhere but localhost by default?

That's my understanding, yes.  It follows from the general understanding
that network-accessible daemons (with perhaps the exception of sshd) should
not be accessible from outside of localhost by default.

Now I'm curious... do you have a particularly strong reason why web apps
should be different than any other network daemon?

--
Jared Smith