bugzilla.redhat.com vs upstream bug trackers

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 14:34:30 UTC 2013

On 06/17/2013 01:39 PM, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> * "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" [17/06/2013 12:49] :
>> >
>> >It's package maintainers responsibility to act as the liason between
>> >upstream and Fedora thus reporters only need to report in our
>> >Bugzilla instance.
> Even when upstream has requested that their bug tracker be the only one used?

Yes it's the distribution maintainers responsibility to forward that
request upstream if that is the case followed by notifying the reporter
they have done so with a link to the upstream report in the relevant bug
report in bugzilla.redhat.com.

We do not forward reporters to upstream bugzilla's so if
packagers/maintainers refuse to use our own bug tracker ( Like the Red
Hat's Gnome developers do )  we spread the word amongst report not to
file *any* report against Gnome because it wont be look at anyway.

We have ca 15000 components in distribution so we dont waist time and
energy having reporters file reports on components in the distribution
which wont be looked at anyway regardless if you are only using the
upstream tracker or simply dont respond to bug reports et all.

JBG