Fedora 19 status is ALIVE, GA on July 02, 2013

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 22:24:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-06-28 at 22:43 +0200, drago01 wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

>> > Sure we could. We would need to:
>> >
>> > * Have some way to freeze things so we could stablize for the release.
>>
>> We should use the GA package set + the fixed build not get all updates in.
>> It is to fix one bug not to create updated images.
>
> I think there's some confusion here. You now actually seem to be talking
> about the specific question of producing an updated install image one
> time, for this one issue, but at first it seemed like you were
> advocating it as The New Way Forward.

What I am saying is that for this particalur issue we should do it
once we have a fix. It does not have to be 19.1 or any other fancy
thing just provide something.
*AND* leave this option open for future release i.e if we have found
an issue that should have been fixed before release and that cannot be
fixed by an update we
should consider doing this again (decide on case by case basis).

We should not rule it out just "because we have never done it".