dial-up comps group?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Mar 8 04:50:18 UTC 2013

I see all the various desktop envs install the 'dial-up' group, which
has:

      <packagereq type="mandatory">ppp</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">isdn4k-utils</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">linux-atm</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">lrzsz</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">minicom</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">ModemManager</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">rp-pppoe</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="default">wvdial</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="optional">efax</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="optional">pptp</packagereq>
      <packagereq type="optional">statserial</packagereq>

I can see people perhaps using ModemManager (when they have some kind
of mobile broadband or the like), but do we need to install the rest of
that stuff on every desktop anymore?

kevin