yum >= 3.4.3-70: yum check reports "X has installed obsoletes Y"

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 8 13:45:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 01:38 +0200, Yanko Kaneti wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 22:03 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > The Yum changelog is not detailed enough to tell,
>
> If I may.
>
> The handling of both this and the bundled presto^Wdeltrarpm new
> yum ..features  on the part of the current yum developers is
> disappointing.

 This was supposed to be a bugfix fix, or minor feature, where we showed
a problem that existed.
 As for deltrarpm ... we've moved mature features into core yum a number
of times, after they've been field tested as a plugin, and not something
I'd term. a significant user change.

 If you want to see yum change information on that level, you probably
want to subscribe to some of the yum mailing lists.