yum >= 3.4.3-70: yum check reports "X has installed obsoletes Y"

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Mar 11 15:44:23 UTC 2013

James Antill wrote:
>  As for deltrarpm ... we've moved mature features into core yum a number
> of times, after they've been field tested as a plugin, and not something
> I'd term. a significant user change.

This particular one is a significant user change because it's enabled by
default, so users who went out of their way to uninstall yum-presto now get
it forced on them again and have to disable it in yum.conf now. At the very
least, this needs a release note.

It's different in the case of e.g. the downloadonly plugin which was also
merged into core yum, but which has no effect if you don't specify the
--downloadonly switch.

        Kevin Kofler