Unhelpful update descriptions

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 06:49:43 UTC 2013

On 03/12/2013 02:39 AM, Dan Mashal wrote:
> Right because you do that for every single update you push?

For new upstream releases, I certainly try to.

> Honestly, I'm done arguing my point. Other people in this thread have
> made arguments for it, other people including yourself have made
> arguments against it. This is turning into a "what should the default
> desktop be" discussion. So I'm dropping off. This is a SHOULD not a
> MUST. If you have packaged for a while, you'd get that. From your
> previous emails it doesn't seem you are. Hopefully, this one makes my
> point more clearly. Dan
I have been packaging long before Fedora even existed and
maintain/co-maintain over a hundred RPM packages for Fedora but that's
besides the point.  Providing links in the changelog is just good
practice.  Telling that users can just google isn't.

Rahul